COVID-19 RESPONSE: OEL continue to operate across its four global sites in these unprecedented times to ensure that the key industries get the components they need to allow them to continue to operate
Mon, 21 Nov|
Osborne Engineering LLC.
OTSMPS001 MAINTENANCE PLANNING AND SCHEDULING - Management
The format is to integrate the applications training courses with management training. The outcome is the full benefit of the capability of both the manager and the applications software combined. Delegates will increase their knowledge of set up, monitoring, control and management of projects.
Time & Location
21 Nov 2022, 09:00 – 25 Nov 2022, 17:00
Osborne Engineering LLC., Unnamed Road - جبل عليمنطقة جبل علي الحرة - دبي - United Arab Emirates
About the Event
Management Planning and Scheduling Outages Using Microsoft Project
The format is to integrate the applications training courses with management training. The outcome is the full benefit of the capability of both the manager and the applications software combined. Delegates will increase their knowledge of set up, monitoring, control and management of projects. Planning procedures, organization and management of tasks and resources will be demonstrated with ample time provided during the workshop sessions to practice their skills.
The first day of this course is designed to introduce delegates to the concepts management control techniques, mapping reporting, planning and scheduling. The next four days concentrate on developing the delegates’ skills / techniques using Microsoft Project. This application provides powerful capabilities for streamlining, monitoring and controlling day to day work-flow, efficiently dealing with, planning, scheduling, resourcing and reporting on all aspects project performance and budget. A variety of training methods are used on the course, including discussion, self-diagnostic questionnaire, exercise workshops and demonstrations.
Who Should Attend
Managers / Planners or Supervisors, who are currently responsible for teams / departments and want to further their understanding, or experienced supervisors who are being developed for more responsibility.
Basic IT skills are required. No prior knowledge of Microsoft project is required.
At the end of this course delegates a good understanding of, methods and techniques used and a good working knowledge of MS Project.
· Introduction to Management
· Leadership/ management.
· Management essential requirements
· Resource management
· Planning techniques and methods
· Gaunt and Critical path analysis
· Control, monitoring and reporting
· Project budget control
· Introduction to Microsoft Project (Hands on)
· Starting Microsoft Project
· Capabilities of the system
· Screen views, tables and toolbars
· Defining the Project within Microsoft Project
· Loading, Menus and set up
· Setting the project start date
· Saving and naming the New Project File
· Entering Tasks & defining tasks
· Establishing Predecessors, parallel actions
· Dates and durations
· Prioritization of tasks & relationships
· Editing and Deleting Task information & Relationships
· Linking Tasks & recurring tasks
· Sorting, inserting and deleting tasks
· Outlining as phased / grouped tasks
· Class practical exercise
· Entering Resource Data
· Enter Resources & View Resources
· Set Resource Calendars
· Editing Resource Information
· Adjusting views
· Review Resource Usage
· Inserting and Deleting Resources
· Planned Time Scale
· Planning tools / methods and techniques
· Formatting and customizing the Gantt
· The Tracking Gantt
· Defining objectives
· Gathering Information, analysis what needs to be done
· Planning tools methods and systems
· Resources tools
· Resources overview
· The resource toolbar & views
· Resolving resource issues
· Shared Resources
· Applying Filters. Working with Tables and Filters
· Printing (in general)
· Class Project
· Accessing Information
· Reports Setup, Reports by Report Type
· Reports custom.
· Tracking Progress & Updating the Project
· Course summary and close