OTSRA001 RISK ASSESSMENT Mechanical
Time & Location
About the Event
RISK ASSESSMENT (REF:OTSRA001)
Course Description A 3 day health & safety course covering the key parts of health and safety and risk assessment.
Who Should Attend? This course is aimed at all employees and is designed to improve the safety culture within an organisation. It focuses on how individual actions contribute to health and safety in the workplace and provides an understanding of an individual’s responsibility.
Course Objectives To gain a basic awareness and grounding in the essentials of health & safety. Including Hazard and risk perception and the correct application of risk assessments
· Introduction and pre-course assessment
· Why is it important to work safely?
· Basics of health and safety
· Defining hazard and risk
· What can cause harm to you and others
· What is a risk
· How can risks be controlled
· How do you decide what to do about risk
· Identifying common hazards
· What are some common hazards
· What can we do about some common hazards
· Improving health and safety performance
· What is your organisations responsibilities?
· What are your responsibilities
· How is safety improved
· Practical risk assessment exercises onsite
· Risk assessment practical test